Recently, at a local watering hole, while we were explaining "speaking of fireworks" to an enraptured audience, something shocking happened. An acquaintance (we'll call hime Connor; his name is actually Connor) brought up the one and only potential problem:
"What if you are talking about fireworks and you want to change the subject?"
Dun-dun-dun!
I know, meta, right?
Granted, this is usually only a problem between about July 1st and 5th (or 9th or 10th if you live in my neighborhood) but it could happen.
Barely missing a beat, Charlie saved the day:
"I think you just need to say it twice."
Day: officially saved. Now we know where Tammi gets her smarts (she got my nose, though, thankfully).
Here's an example:
Guy Talking About Fireworks: "Man, I love living near Washington. Just one trip over the border and you can get all kinds of fireworks that you can't buy here. And that is really cool."
Julia: "Speaking of fireworks, speaking of fireworks! How about that Channing Frye?"
Guy No Longer Talking About Fireworks: "Who's Channing Frye?"
Speaking of fireworks works!
Pictured above: Channing Frye and fireworks.


No comments:
Post a Comment